Thursday, February 12, 2009

Helping a Neighbor

For more info please check out my website at

1. What is Help a Neighbor?

What I want to do is to try and raise $1 million from donations, with $120,000 being my main goal so that I can pay for college without loans. My motivation for this is to be able to fund my college education and to in the process give back to the community. Currently I am looking at $30,000 a year debt for 4 years, possibly 5 if I go for a masters. I do not want to be a student who spends a good part of their working life paying off this debt.

My idea is to have people donate money to my project so that I can afford to go to college and worry about my classes and not the money. In the process I am going to give back to the people who donate me money. T

Here is how I will do it. Those who donate will have the option of deciding which one they want. I will ask that you only donate atleast $1.



If you donate $1, yes only $1, you can have your link on my links page to your site. Donating $10 will get you a link of bigger font, $20 will get you bigger font and placement higher on the page. Giving me $100 will allow you to put a 250 x 150 pixle banner on my site. Donating $200 will allow you to place a banner that is up to 500 x 150 pixels for your site that will act as a link. If you think about it, you will actually be getting many more page views than what you pay. If you get 10,000 views a $1 link is only going to cost .006 of a cent a view. A $200 banner will only cost 1.2 cents a view. Not only will you be



Or you can donate to the community service fund.

$1,000 = 1 hour of community service.

It's simple math.

In this fund I pledge to do 1 hour of community service for every $1,000 that is raised. Yes I know that is a lot, but with my goal being $1 million it would be insane for me to promise that many. As it stands I am looking at up to 1,000 hours of community service. No I will not be doing this all in a short span, but I do plan to do as many hours as I get funds for. I think this is a great way to not only help a college student out, but to also know that your money is going to be given back to the community through service in the future to help those less fortunate.

Already I have gone on three mission trips already to Detroit, Michigan, Cincinnati, Ohio, and Omaha Nebraska. I plan to go to Davison, Michigan this summer and on many other trips in college.



My goal is to keep this site running for at least five years. I will keep it up as long as I can.



What am I going to do with all this money?

If I make enough money I am going to pay for college tuition, and all the other expenses that I will have. When I go to graduate school I will pay for that also will money I have been given from this site. If I have extra money I will use some of it to go on mission trips in other counties and in the United States in order to help others out. A portion of the money will go to charity also. Anything other $1 million would definetely go to a charity, and probably around 50% of everything over college expenses would go to charities such as the food pantries, PADS, American Cancer Society, etc. I will also give about 20% of anything over my goal to scholarship funds in order to help others out. The rest of the money will be used for my future and possibly to start a another fund to help others out one day.

Thank you for your generosity

No comments:

Post a Comment